Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ups and downs

So I know it's the nature of my job but having a high one night followed by a night of disappointment stinks. Last night I was so proud of my youth as they served the homeless community of Knoxville. They handed out clothes, served food, collected trash and helped clean up. Many talked about how it opened their eyes to the world around them. I felt good. I felt like the lives of our group was impacted. Then tonight there are those that don't understand the need to keep their commitments or to even show respect. I am very disappointed. It's as if my efforts (and the efforts of those who were helping me) didn't matter at all. Way up and then back down. Emotional rollercoasters are typical for teenagers but unfortunately since my world is so interconnected with theirs I go through similar rides. Sometimes I long to get off the track. But from the down, I know I will go back up.

No comments: