Monday, December 10, 2007

Hurting

As I write this my neck is in pain. I don't know what I have done since coming home but it has locked up and hurts anytime I move it. This slight inconvenience, plus events of the last week, has made my overactive mind think about the many people in my life and in the world that are hurting. Hurting because of relationships gone bad. Hurt because of things that are beyond their control. Hurting because of the loss of someone close. Hurting because, as they see it, no one cares about them. In Denver and Colorado Springs, a young man enters churches and kills several before being killed by a security guard. In the Colorado Springs incident, 2 teenage sisters were killed. A whole community is no doubt hurting because of their loss. I would give almost anything to relieve some of the pain in the world. Is there a way to relieve this kind of pain? I ask myself this question often since that is part of what I do. I think it is possible to relieve some of the pain that this world faces. By letting others know that you care. By being present for someone in their time of need. By listening to the cares of others without passing judgment on them. By offering a few kind words. There are other ways that the hurt of those you know can be helped. You can't always wait on someone else to help the hurting. If you are the one hurting, find someone or someway to get through the hurt before you begin hurting others. There are people that care. I am one of them. There are others. You do not have to go on hurting...unless the muscles in your neck are aching like mine is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian,
I'm sorry that your neck is hurting so bad! I hope that you know that what you do for others helps and i know that you will see it. if not now then maybe soon. if not soon then in the long run you will be ale to see. I understand that you want to help the world but Brian you cant do it by yourself. ~Blaze